Psilocybe caerulescens, also known as landslide mushroom (“derrumbe” in Spanish), is a psilocybin mushroom having psilocybin and psilocin as the main active compounds.
Psilocybe caerulescens has a cap that is 3-7cm across. It is convex with a margin that curves inward, rarely becoming a plane, often with a small nipple-like protrusion. This cap becomes sticky when moist, and its margin becomes slightly translucent.
This cap changes colour based on the magic mushroom’s moisture levels. When hydrated, it has a yellowish-brown to reddish brown with a silvery-blue metallic lustre which is paler at the margins. When dried, it becomes beige or straw yellow. The cap has significant variation in colour and form. psilocybe caerulescens georgia
- caerulescens’ stem, more formally known as stipe, is 5-9cm long and 8-10mm thick, which enlarges slightly at the base. The stipe is whitish to reddish brown with rhizomorphs forming towards the base. The gills are whitish, yellowish grey when young but become violet brown with age. The edges remain slightly whitish. Psilocybe caerulescens spores are brown.
Like most magic mushrooms, it turns blue when handled, with younger specimens bruising dark blue or black.
Psilocybe Caerulescens mushrooms have a strong, starchy taste and smell, reminiscent of cucumber. Fortunately, this smell weakens with age or when it becomes dry.
- Pileus (Cap):
- The cap is (1)3%u20137(10) cm broad. Convex to obtusely campanulate with an incurved margin at first, rarely becoming plane, and often are umbonate or with a slight depression in the center. It is viscid when moist from a separable gelatinous pellicle. The margin is slightly translucent-striate when moist. The cap is hygrophanous, yellowish brown to reddish brown with a silvery-blue metallic luster, paler at the margin, and drying to a beige or straw yellow. It readily bruises blue when handled, the younger specimens bruising bluish olivacous or even blackish. The cap often has a great variation in colour and form.
- Lamellae (Gills):
- The gills are adnate to sinuate and close to subclause. They are whitish, yellowish grey when young, becoming dark violaceous brown to sepia brown with age; the edges remain slightly whitish.
- Stipe (Stem):
- The stipe is (2)5%u20139(13) cm long and (5)8%u201310(12) mm thick. It is equal or enlarging slightly at the base and is somewhat flexous, hollow, and subpruinose to floccose. The stipe is whitish to reddish brown or blackish and readily bruises blue. Rhizomorphs are sometimes attached to the base. The veil is well-developed but does not form a permanent annulus.
- Microscopic features:
- The spores are subrhomboid to subellipsoid and (6)6.7%u20138(8.5) x 4%u20136 um. The basidia each produce four spores, and occasionally only two spores. The cheilocystidia are 15%u201322(25) x 4.5%u20136 um and fusoid, with a flexuous neck that is 1%u20132.5 um broad. Psilocybe caerulescens var. caerulescens lacks pleurocystidia.
- Habitat and Distribution:
- Psilocybe caerulescens grows gregariously to cespitosely from May to December. Psilocybe weilii is found under Loblolly Pine and Sweet Gum or in bermudagrass or fescue, often in red clay soil enriched with pine needles. It also grows in urban lawns and in the deep woods in areas where decaying wood collects. Psilocybe weilii is found only in northern Georgia.
- Disturbed or cultivated grounds are often devoid of herbaceous plants. It often grows in sunny locations, preferring muddy orangish brown soils. Psilocybe caerulescens was first reported from near Montgomery, Alabama, by Murrill in 1923 on sugarcane mulch, not re-documented from that locality since. It was recently found in South Carolina in September 2008. Psilocybe caerulescens is common and widespread throughout central regions of Mexico, also found in Venezuela and Brazil.
Psilocybe Caerulescens Magic Mushroom Medical Uses
This shroom is mostly used for recreational purposes, although it also exhibits therapeutic characteristics. This strain can be used in meditation because of its effects that enable one to navigate their thoughts. Here, the patient will start viewing things from a different perspective. The strain can also be useful in managing anxiety and stress. As the effects wear off, one is filled with relief. In some cases, this magic shroom can help curb addiction. psilocybe caerulescens alabama
Psilocybe Caerulescens Mushrooms strain side effects
The total distortion of time one experiences may lead to delayed schedules. Therefore, one should use the strain during leisure. Additionally, high doses may propel paranoia and nervousness.